Special Session: Advanced Artificial Intelligence and Healthcare Supporting Systems
Artificial Intelligence (AI) and information technology transforming various industries around the world, and healthcare are among the most adopted sectors. AI in healthcare uses algorithms to understand complex medical and health care data or discover new drugs and other medical knowledge. AI does this by various Machine Learning algorithms, Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing, and Deep Learning. These algorithms recognize patterns in patient physiological signals, including discrete (such as blood pressure, oxygen saturation, …) or continuous data (such as Electrocardiography, X-ray photo, CT scan, …), combining with other patients’ demographic and behavioral data to create their own logic and to give predictive output to end-users. Furthermore, they also instruct experts on how to build new drugs and better treatment procedures. Meanwhile, advanced information technologies such as IoT, Blockchain, Robotics, Big-data and high-performance computing (HPC)… provide means to collect and process vast amount of healthcare data and build systems that support patients, doctors and related institutions. As an example, the proliferation of consumer wearables and other medical devices combined with AI is also being applied to oversee early-stage heart disease, enabling doctors to better monitor and detect potentially life-threatening episodes at earlier, more treatable stages.
This Special Session (SS) targets the original works that explore advanced AI and information technology for healthcare applications. This includes using AI algorithms to extract meaningful insights from healthcare data, discover new medical knowledge and products. Furthermore, works that describe technological systems (robotics & IoT devices, blockchain, HPC, advanced hospital management system…) supporting healthcare applications are also welcome. The covered topics include, but not limited to, the followings:
- AI and machine learning for diagnosis and treatment application
- Computer Vision (CV) for medical imaging analysis
- NLP systems (including Text to Speech, Speech to Text) for unstructured medical data (such as voice, clinical notes on patients,…)
- AI for early disease forecast
- Robotics & IoT devices applications in healthcare
- Clinical wearables: technology and data processing
- AI and Machine learning for drug discovery
- AI tools/system to support medical staff (remote medicine, remote patients monitoring)
- AI contributes to cancer research and treatment, especially in radiation therapy
- AI applications for Genetic medicine & Genomic data
- AI in healthcare: risks, ethical and social impacts
- Blockchain with new data mechanism for electronic medical/healthcare records systems
- BigData scalability for electronic medical/healthcare records systems
- Thanh-Trung Nguyen, Ho Chi Minh City University of Foreign Languages – Information Technology, Vietnam (email@example.com)
- Tuan Anh Nguyen, Ho Chi Minh City University of Foreign Languages – Information Technology, Vietnam (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Quang Nguyen, Duy Tan University, Vietnam (email@example.com)
- All papers must be original and not simultaneously submitted to another journal or conference. Authors are invited to submit papers of up to 6 pages, written in English, in PDF format, and compliant with the IEEE standard.
- Papers must be limited to six pages, including text, references, tables and figures, and should be submitted online on EDAS system.
- At least one author of each accepted paper is required to pay the registration fee and to present the paper either in-person at the conference or online. Accepted papers presented at the conference will be submitted for inclusion in the IEEE Xplore.
- Manuscript submission: October 30, 2022
- Notification of acceptance: November 20, 2022
- Camera-ready submission: November 30, 2022
All accepted papers will be published in the RIVF 2022 Conference Proceedings. Presented papers will be included in the IEEE Xplore.
(More information can be found at https://rivf2022.huflit.edu.vn/ or contact special session co-chairs.)