Special Session: Advanced Signal Processing Techniques and Applications
Recent advanced technologies in the areas of signal processing, communications and biomedicine have motivated the rapid development of emerging applications such as artificial intelligent (AI), virtual reality (AR), three-dimensional (3D) media, medical diagnosis, real-time remote healthcare, intelligent industrial automation, smart infrastructure and environments, and the Internet of everything (IoE), intelligent communication systems and networks. This special session aims to follow up on the latest developments, research findings and trends on the following topics, including but not limited to:
- Signal processing for communications
- Massive MIMO, cell-free massive MIMO
- Intelligent reflecting surfaces (IRSs)
- Ultra-reliable low latency MIMO communications
- Ultra-dense MIMO networks
- MmWave and THz MIMO communications
- Wireless information and power transfer
- Backscatter communication systems
- Channel modeling, testbeds, and experimental measurements
- Speech, audio, image, video processing
- AI-based techniques, machine learning and deep learning
- Artificial intelligent (AI), big data analytics
- Biomedical signal processing
- Telemedicine and telehealth
- Brain computer interface
- Ha Hoang Kha, HCMC University of Technology, VNUHCM, Vietnam
- Nguyen Le Hung, University of Danang, Vietnam
- Vo Nguyen Quoc Bao, Posts and Telecommunications Institute of Technology, Vietnam
- Nguyen Linh Trung, University of Engineering and Technology, VNU Hanoi, Vietnam
- All papers must be original and not simultaneously submitted to another journal or conference. Authors are invited to submit papers of up to 6 pages, written in English, in PDF format, and compliant with the IEEE standard.
- Papers must be limited to six pages, including text, references, tables and figures, and should be submitted online on EDAS system
- At least one author of each accepted paper is required to pay the registration fee and to present the paper either in-person at the conference or online. Accepted papers presented at the conference will be submitted for inclusion in the IEEE Xplore.
- Manuscript submission: October 30, 2022
- Notification of acceptance: November 20, 2022
- Camera-ready submission: November 30, 2022
All accepted papers will be published in the RIVF 2022 Conference Proceedings. Presented papers will be included in the IEEE Xplore.
- Presenter: Prof. Mouloud ADEL
- Affiliation: Aix-Marseille Université, Institut Fresnel, UMR-CNRS 7249, Ecole Centrale de Marseille, Domaine Universitaire de Saint Jérôme, 13397 Marseille cedex 20, France
- Title: Computer-Aided Diagnosis of Alzheimer Disease on Positron Emission Tomography brain images using image processing and machine learning techniques
- Abstract: My talk deals with feature selection and data classification on Positrons Emission Tomography images for Alzheimer disease computer aided Diagnosis. It will give an overview of the main steps on a computer-aided diagnosis system including data acquisition, preprocessing, feature extraction, feature selection, feature ranking and classification into different classes including healthy and diseased subjects. I will focus on data reduction based on feature selection and classification using classical classification techniques as well as machine learning based on Neural network architectures.
- Short biography: Mouloud Adel is a Professor in Computer Science and Electrical Engineering at Aix-Marseille University, Marseille, France. His research areas concern signal and image processing and machine learning applied to biomedical and industrial images. He received his Engineering degree in electrical engineering from the Ecole Nationale Supérieure d’Electricité et de Mécanique (ENSEM) of Nancy, France, as well as his Master’s degree in electronic and feedback control systems in 1990. He obtained his PhD degree from the Institut National Polytechnique de Lorraine (INPL) of Nancy in 1994 in image processing. He is a member of the Multidimensional Signal Group of Institut Fresnel UMR-CNRS 7249, France. He has been the supervisor of more than fourteen PhD students. He has been involved in many international research programs (Germany, Algeria, United Kingdom, Vietnam) and he is a member of the editorial board of Journal of Biomedical Engineering and Informatics. He has been an invited speaker at Polytechnic Institute of Technology of Algiers (Algeria) and at Parma University (Italy), and chaired a special session “Statistical Image Analysis for computer-aided detection and diagnosis on Medical and Biological Images” in IPTA 2014 (IEEE International Conference on Image Processing Theory and Application, Paris). He has been the co-organizer of various international conferences and workshops. He also served as a regular reviewer, associate and guest editor for a number of journals and conferences. He is the author or co-author of 70 journal and conference papers. He has been one of the invited speakers of the IEEE International Conference on Image Processing Theory Tools and Application in November 2020 at Paris, France and gave a tutorial at IEEE ICIP 2021 Anchorage, Alaska, USA.
More information can be found at https://rivf2022.huflit.edu.vn/ or contact special session co-chairs.